For how much green the cannabis industry cultivates, the environmental footprint of growing cannabis is staggeringly high. From energy to water to waste, cannabis operations are dramatically impacting Colorado and every other legal cannabis market. We can, and will, do better with the power of data!
The Blooming Benchmarks © helps you better understand your resource usage and is an important first step for any cannabis business interested in helping create a more sustainable industry. Together, we will make an incredible and positive movement to green the cannabis industry.
Contact info for every partner:
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment – Kaitlin Urso
- The Cannabis Conservancy – Jacob
- Sustainabis – Jake
- Cannabis Big Data – Henry Finkelstein
Who owns the data I submit?
Your data is *always* your data! Our team only has the rights to de-identify and aggregate your data for modeling and benchmarking purposes, and we will never resell your data to 3rd parties. Your data is yours and yours alone, and we like to keep it that way.
How can I prepare?
To submit your data, you’ll need to provide us with APIs, PDFs, or spreadsheets. You can prepare ahead by getting organized with each of the following items, or using our linked templates to fill out our standardized format.
How do you make money?
Not from this forever free Blooming Benchmark © tool! For each of the partners:
- The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) is a public office and is not a business so it does not make money
- Sustainabis is a cannabis-specific environmental consulting firm and makes money from empowering cultivators, manufacturers, and retailers to improve profits with strategic sustainability improvements
- The Cannabis Conservancy is a cannabis-specific certification and consulting firm that provides environmental certifications to licensed businesses and also helps them improve their environmental footprint.
- Cannabis Big Data is a cannabis-specific analytics and business intelligence firm that provides data pipes and data tools to ancillary and licensed businesses. That means integrating and automating data streams (pipes) to ultimately build reports, analytics, dashboards, and predictive models (tools) that enable businesses to earn more and stress less.
We all work in and support the cannabis industry, and we are all dedicated to improving how the industry we love impacts the planet we adore. That’s why we all came together to build and offer a free tool that makes it simple and easy for you to track and improve your Blooming Benchmark ©